The CFA® Program is a globally recognized graduate level curriculum that provides a strong foundation for real-world investment analysis and portfolio management skills combined with the practical knowledge that you will need in today’s investment industry. It also emphasizes on the highest ethical and professional standards that are required to be followed.
It is a key certification for investment professionals, especially in the areas of Portfolio Management and Investment Analysis. The CFA designation is a valuable credential certifying you as having in-depth knowledge of security types and investment vehicles. It also indicates that you are expert in quantitative methodologies for analyzing securities, such as assessing their value and identifying their underlying risks. The CFA® designation is given to investment professionals who successfully complete the requirements set by the globally recognized CFA® Institute.
|Functional Role||Equity Research, Portfolio Management, Corporate Finance, Credit Analysis, Trading, Investment Banking, Investment Analysis, Wealth Management, Private Equity, and Valuation etc.|
|Any Professional Membership||Yes - Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA®)|
|Level & Exams||
Level 1 (June and December - First Sunday) - 2 Paper
Level 2 (June - First Sunday) - 2 Paper
Level 3 (June - First Sunday) - 2 Paper
- Level – 1: 120 Multiple choice questions (3 Hours) in each paper.
- Level – 2: 60 Multiple choice questions (3 Hours) in each paper. Caselets on which multiple choice questions are asked.
- Level – 3: 1 Paper (3 Hours) - Essay type answer; 2nd Paper (3 Hours) comprises 60 item set questions.
- Candidates generally take one exam per year
- Exams at Centers in 5 cities - Bangalore, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, New Delhi.
- Paper covers following topics accross 3 levels - Ethical & Professional Standard; Quantitative Methods; Economics; Financial Reporting & Analysis; Corporate Finance; Equity Investments; Fixed Income; Derivatives; Alternative Investments; Portfolio Management
|Time to Complete||2 to 3 Years|
|Cost of Course||Program Enrollment Fees (One Time) $450 + Exam Registration Fees ($ 650)|
|Tution Fee||Depends on where you pursue classes and study material you refer. Get more info from adjacent form|
|How to Register||Online - https://www.cfainstitute.org/programs/cfa/register|
Domestic - Starting Rs 5 Lakh per Annum (Fresher)
International - Starting $ 58000 per annum (Fresher)
|Job Locations & Options||
- Around the World (Obviously Including India too), So increases the opportunity to get overseas job and move internationally
- From MNCS to StartUps, in both the public and private sectors
Careers in CFA
Pre - Requirement 1
(Any one of these)
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or in the final year of your bachelor’s degree program
|Pre - Requirement 2||Have a valid international travel passport (required for enrolment and exam registration)|
|Additional Info||Graduates from any discipline are allowed to take the test. Four years of work experience in investment decision-making process (either before, during, or after CFA exams) is a mandatory requirement for getting the charter (membership) and not for appearing for the exams.|
A CFA Charter is recognized as the one of the most professional qualification in finance around the world. The CFA Charter will open up opportunities in the areas of Equity Research, Portfolio Management, Corporate Finance, Credit Analysis, Trading, Investment Banking, Investment Analysis, Wealth Management, Private Equity, and Valuation etc. It will help you to move to overseas countries like US, Europe, etc. Any profile, which requires investment analysis and understanding and analysis of financial markets, can be a potential area of opportunity for a CFA Charterholder.
Just drop in your details and our support team will reach out to you as soon as possible.